Thursday, March 29, 2007

But What About MY Needs?

This happened today at a construction site around the corner from me. I heard all the sirens and stuff, and have been hearing the jackhammers and general construction noises for a few weeks. Scary, but I think everyone is OK.

In perhaps related news, the water pressure in my apartment is whack. Sometimes it's fine, other times I'll be taking a shower and be right in the process of rinsing shampoo out of my hair, when the water will suddenly be reduced to a dribble. I then have to stand under the shower head, soap in my eyes, and try to rinse my hair with the liquid equivalent of a weakly-lobbed loogie. It's really a FANTASTIC experience, especially when it's early in the morning, and time is of the essence.

So, I called the property management and told them about it, and they said they could come by anytime since they have a key, and take a look. I told them I'd rather they came by on a day I was there, so we arranged for them to come by today between 9 and 12.

Ha. HA HA.

They never showed. They never called. Yes, I could have called and asked where the hell they were, but after noon I had shit to do! I was working, I had a meeting via phone I had to attend to, I had to go to the gym, I couldn't sit in my apartment for another four hours hoping they'd show.

I guess I can just have them show up when I'm not here, but I really don't like having plumbers trampsing around my apartment when I'm not around, freaking out my cat and doing who knows what else. For now I just hope that by some miracle, the whole thing fixes itself.

No comments: