Thursday, March 29, 2007

Nice Working With You, Billy Dee

I know a lot of people hate last night's episode of "Lost," (although there are some who, oddly enough, love it.) I thought it was fun, if a little bit of a buzzkill after last week's Daddy in a box episode. They really know how to stop excitement in its tracks, don't they?

While I could get upset with the show's continuing to introduce new characters just to kill them off, I won't. (Plus, Locke telling Paolo things don't stay buried on the island leads me to believe perhaps they, or at least one of them, might survive.) But I WILL complain about that scene in the TV hatch with Ben and Juliet. What the hell? Did he drag her all the way over there just to show her a little bit of video of Jack? And did he really need to deliver such clumsy exposition? I thought it would have been a lot more interesting if the stuff they said to each other only made sense to us and not Paolo since we have the benefit of hindsight (or would that be foresight?). It also would have been a little more plausible that Paolo would then choose not to risk telling anyone about being in that hatch since he didn't really understand what those two were planning anyway.

Anyway... Next week: Cat fight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was, like, the best episode of Lost ever. How did they take two characters who I've never liked, and whom I have many times wished were dead, and in one hour tell a great story about them with a gruesome twist ending that left me (spoiler alert) sad to see them go?

And they involved the entire cast, and they had a stripper. And Billy Dee Williams.

Some people don't deserve Lost, that's all I have to say.

Rain said...

I hope by "some people" you aren't referring to me. Just don't forget who lent you the entire first season of "Lost" on DVD to begin with.

That's all I'M saying.

Anonymous said...

>a lot of people hate last night's episode of "Lost"...

These are the people to whom I was referring. The haters.

"Some people" are so sensitive!