Monday, November 28, 2005

Misery

Man, today sucked. I woke up with a horrible headache that did not get any better, codeine be damned. So, while I had planned on working (at home) through the pain, it just wasn't happening, so I had to just call in a sick day and rest my throbbing skull on the couch. Unfortunately, I couldn't just end the day there, because Monday nights I have class. And being that I had already missed one class this semester due to the flu, and I will be missing class next Monday because I will be out of town, I had to somehow ignore the pain, and get myself out of my apartment and off to campus.

In the pouring rain.

Without an umbrella.

But, that's fine, right? Because it was only two bus rides, and not much walking between bus stops.

Wrong. Wrong! The bus wait was 20 minutes for both, with little coverage from the downpour. And when I got to campus, I had to walk from one side of campus to the other to get to my class, and by that time it was really coming down. So I popped into the campus shop, dripping wet, to get an umbrella, but couldn't find one for less than 15 dollars!!! And it's not even that good!

So I got through class and thankfully, he let us out a little early. Alas, it wasn't smooth sailing on the way home. The MUNI car was having trouble with its doors, taking what seemed like an eternity to leave the station, only to dump everyone out at Van Ness to wait for another train. And then on the bus ride up the hill to my place, the driver and a passenger got into a pissing match over his transfer. It was 10pm, and his transfer said 9:30, but his argument was he waited for the bus for over 30 minutes--which I think is valid. But the driver wasn't going to move until he paid his fare. So there were many "fuck yous" from the passenger, groans from fellow travelers, and then finally some other dude just went up and put a buck fifty into the til and that was that.

So now I'm home, cold, head still hurting, and I choose to ramble about it all on the Internet.

Things are worse than I thought.

No comments: