Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Blogging

8:55pm - Well, I think it was a success. It was probably a bit of overkill getting a 23 pound turkey for only eight people, but I firmly believe that Thanksgiving is more about the leftovers than it is the Thanksgiving meal. By the time we sat down to eat at around 4:00, and I piled the food on my plate, I was almost instantly stuffed. What's that about? I was also almost instantly sleepy, but there's no mystery with that one..

I can't wait until about midnight, when I start to get the munchies. THAT'S when I'm really going to enjoy me some Thanksgiving fixins.

12:20pm - You know, roasting a turkey is pretty freakin' boring. The only good part about having to baste it every 30 minutes is being able to eat some of the stuffing each time. Sure, it's probably rife with salmonella, but it's SOOO goooood.

Pretty soon potatoes and green bean casserole will have to be prepped, but until then, I'm going to watch some doggies on da TV.

10:30am - I'm pretty sure that's the face of Jesus, or perhaps it's just The Cybernetic Ghost Of Christmas Past From The Future.

8:45am - I'm snagging some WiFi from someone in my parents' building--score! If I had the energy, I'd post some photos of the turkey in progress, but right now I just don't. It's wrapped in a shroud like a turkey from Turin (as per Martha's cooking directions--cheesecloth soaked in butter and wine. Perhaps that's the shroud of Turin's secret?) and I am on basting duty, every half hour.

And it ain't even 9am yet. It's gonna be a long day.

No comments: