Friday, November 11, 2005

Snakes On a Plane, Man...Snakes on a Plane

It amuses me to no end that the ridiculous title of the (no doubt) ridiculous upcoming Samuel L. Jackson thriller has now entered the popular lexicon as a phrase of apathetic resignation, ala "Shit happens."

Example:

"Dude! 'Arrested Development' is totally getting cancelled!"

"Snakes on a plane, man...snakes on a plane."

It reminds me of a phrase my parents tried to popularize after once mishearing something someone said on a game show as "Well, you can't win a blouse."

Example:

"I applied for a job as a producer on 'Arrested Development,' but the show is totally getting cancelled!"

"Well...you can't win a blouse."

Still waiting for that catch phrase to take-off...Start using it today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a new catchphrase?! i am so on it.

Rain said...

I am LOVING the shirt with the snakes PILOTING the plane. That adds a whole new dimension to "Snakes on a Plane."