Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Library Voices

Last night's Amazing Race was oddly dull. I'm not sure what the problem was, but the pacing seemed off, and the challenges were pretty lame. Shining shoes? Lugging books? I dunno. For someone who can be on the edge of her seat watching the racers book airplane tickets, last night bored me.

Can't say I was sad to see the blondes get eliminated. The threat of a romantic alliance between them and the brothers was too vomit-inducing to consider. (Have to admit the brothers are growing on me, though.)

Ahhhh. Rob and Ambah. I will grant that he's running a smart race, but I don't think the lying-and-then-lying-about-the-lying strategy needs to be used in this here game. If you're smart enough to get information the other teams weren't smart enough to get themselves, you have no obligation to tell them about it, and every obligation to lie. It's a RACE. But that also means you really don't have to PRETEND you're not a liar when confronted about it. Which is also why this game should never be played with "alliances." It just doesn't work.

No comments: