Wednesday, May 11, 2005

*Phew*

Man alive. Last night's Amazing Race nearly killed me. I was, I swear to you, pacing back-and-forth in front of my TV while Uchenna and Joyce were begging for money to pay that cabbie. Oh yeah, and I was also screaming "JUST RUN IN!!!!!", much to the chagrin of my neighbors, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how close the end really was, or if Rob and Amber were really as close as the editing made it seem, but regardless, it was a nail-biter. And for once, the whole money stripping actually did seem to make a difference, as it really put Uchenna and Joyce behind--big time. But, just like it happened for Rob and Amber in Argentina, Uchenna and Joyce were able to board a plane that looked like it was already locked and loaded....hmmm.

So. A happy outcome. But I, for one, am looking forward to a long break before the next season starts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All's well that ends well...but boy did we have to go through that ? I, too, was screaming at the TV...why couldn't they just tell the cabbie they'd give him a thousand bucks after they win the million...I, mean, he must have known they weren't deadbeats. How many have a cameraman following them...and wasn't that just "fortuitous" for Rambah to be stopped by the police and Joychenna to get on that plane after the doors were closed. Hmmm..is right. As for next season, I don't know if I am up for (amazing family race) "Mom, are we there yet" ?
S.

Anonymous said...

I, too am happy it's over and happy with the outcome. Frankly, after seeing RAMBER getting increasingly suspicious breaks throught the race, I don't care HOW Uchenna and Joyce won. Any number of legitimate things could have happened on and off camera to allow them to get on that plane. As for next season, whiney kids AND Adults...I think I'll pass