Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sluts

It's a well-known fact that for many young ladies, Halloween is an excuse to dress sexy. Gals don't just want to be a cat, they want to be a sexy cat. They can't just be Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz," they have to be a sexy Dorothy. It's not just a vampire, it's a sexy vampire. Fine. I've grown to accept this. But last night I was overwhelmed by the number of chicks I saw who were just dressed...slutty. Not even an attempt at a costume. Just tight mini-skirts, fishnets, something low-cut, and high heels. (And no. I wasn't anywhere near the Tenderloin.) Now, unless all those women chose to dress as "whores" for Halloween, it seems they were just being plain lazy. (And as an aside, let me add that I did indeed once dress up as a hooker for Halloween. When I was in GRADE school. No comment.)

I would say the majority of the costumes I saw last night were just scantily-clad girls which, if you're a horny guy, is great fun. But if you're a tired and bitter 30-something gal, it's tiring. So I didn't even bother to get near the Castro, and thus avoided seeing costumes that were at least creative but also just...wrong.

No comments: