Sunday, February 26, 2006

Jump! Do It! GAAWWW!

I've got a season pass set for Vh-1's "Web Junk 20" because after spending an entire day at work looking at Internet sites, there's nothing I enjoy more than coming home and watching a TV show about stupid video clips found on Internet sites. The show is really just an updated version of "America's Funniest Home Videos" (which I'll admit to loving back in the early 90s) with Patrice O'Neal in the Bob Saget role.

This week they featured a clip of a guy yelling at his cats. Now, when I watched the clip on the show, I almost chocked I was laughing so hard. The guy's fake rage paired with the cats' reactions (some stared at him nonchalantly, others ran in fear) was just hilarious. On the show, they rarely show entire clips; it's a "top 20" show, and it's only 30 minutes long (really only about 20, minus commercials), and there just isn't time. So I decided to check out the show's iFilm site and watch the Yelling at Cats clip in its entirety.

For the first few seconds I was laughing as hard as I did while watching it on TV. But then it went on, and the yelling got more...disturbing. He screams that he's gonna rape one of the cats, and repeatedly calls them bitches. Also, some of the cats seem genuinely terrified of the guy, and I began to feel really guilty for thinking it was remotely funny in the first place.

I don't really have a point here, aside from finding affirmation that brevity is, indeed, the soul of wit.

No comments: