Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hey, Where Did My Three-Day-Weekend Go?


Sunset 2
Originally uploaded by Rain Rain Rain.
At about 7:30pm last night, I was sitting at home, watching yet another episode of "The Dog Whisperer," (key take-away from that show: If you have a dog--WALK IT!) and feeling kind of sad about the weekend coming to a close, and my not even steeping into any real nature the whole time. Sunset was approaching, and I got the sudden urge to go to the beach and watch it. So, through the wonder of Zipcar, I reserved a Mini convertible for two hours and by 7:45 I was on my way to the beach. Woo!

Of course, since this was a spontaneous decision, I didn't really plan on it being FRACKING FREEZING. No gloves, no hat. Just a thin hoodie and some yoga pants. Whoops! But after a brisk 15 minute walk down the beach, I hardly noticed it. And while in the car, the heated seats in the convertible allowed for some comfortable top down driving. In all, a nice ending to what was a kind of depressing weekend.

2 comments:

Chrissa said...

I had a similar pang of late Memorial Day guilt yesterday. What is it about three-day weekends? You look forward to them for weeks, and then when they finally arrive, the pressure to make them fabulous is unbearable. Nature! Barbecues! City culture extravaganzas! It's all supposed to happen. But when surfing the Internet for six hours a day is what happens instead, it's kind of depressing.

Hi Rain!

Rain said...

Hi Chrissa!

Yeah. Three-day weekends are not all they're cracked up to be. This one was filled with emotional moments (sorting through my grandmother's things) which can be pretty exhausting. I didn't really have to get-go, save for that brief moment on Monday. But I think the spur-of-the-momentness of it made it even more enjoyable than something with a big build-up. Hopefully come July 4th, and its FOUR-day weekend, some barbecue and grass-walking will take place!