Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December Madness

Man. This weekend was nuts.

Friday was my mom's birthday, and we had the requisite La Traviata dinner. It was its usual deliciousness.

On Saturday, I realized if I wanted to get a Christmas tree, there was no other choice but to rent a storage space and move some stuff into it, so I did. Why hadn't I decided to do this sooner? It's not much bigger than a large closet, but I can fit a lot of stuff in it, and plan to. I'll actually have closet space at home again!

Saturday night was my company holiday party, which required a drive in the pouring rain down to San Mateo. I sat with friends at the party for over an hour complaining about how loud the band was when we came to the realization that there was an entire other area of the party we hadn't even explored yet. We completely forgot it even existed. Inside it was heaven! Quiet, uncrowded, and full of the same booze and food as the main hall and--AND!--gambling. I ended up spending about two and half hours at a poker table. Gambling is fun when it doesn't involve actual money!

Sunday afternoon my father and I delivered Christmas stockings to PAWS clients, which was fun, and then it was off to buy Christmas trees. I was able to find a couple (one for me, one for my parents) that weren't ridiculously large. Mine is still pretty big, but it's not quite as fat as last year. (Just like me!) Sunday night was devoted to decorating my tree (putting over 400 lights on a tree sucks. I would pay someone to do that for me. Ugh!) and on Monday we decorated my parents' tree. (I'll put some pictures up of both when I take some!)

I can't believe there's only really one more weekend before Christmas. How did that happen?

No comments: