Friday, February 23, 2007

I Know He's Dead, But Is Swifty Lazar Still Throwing Oscar Parties?

So, the Oscars are, of course, this Sunday. I think our menu is set:

The Queen's Crown Royal Manhattans

Mussels From Iwo Jima

Little Miss Sunshine Potato Salad

The Departed Lobster Rolls

A Tower of Babel Dessert ("Babel" was the hardest to find a food for.)

I would post my predictions here, but I really tend to wait until the very last minute to make those predictions. I usually do pretty good, but this year's a little tough as far as Best Picture goes. Of course I'm rooting for "The Departed," but I have a fear that "Little Miss Sunshine" will get it, and I really thought that movie was mediocre at best. Of course, mediocre movies tend to win Best Picture, so it shouldn't come as any surprise if it does. It still irks me, though.

I haven't decided if I'll live blog the event or not. It might depend on if I can get a wifi connection or not. But don't doubt that I will be there for every minute of the 16 hour broadcast!

No comments: