Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Jungle of Death!

This week's Tube Tops is now up on the SFGate Culture Blog!

Man, I am one popped puppy. I had planned on taking in another day of the WonderCon, but the two days I already spent there must have caught up with me, as I woke up barely able to move, I was so tired. Instead, I think I'll spend the day on the couch reading some of the comics I got and catching up on the TiVo.

Anyway, I think I caught the best part of the convention yesterday. We saw about the first 20 minutes of "Watchmen," and it has me even more psyched to see the movie than I was before (I bought my tickets for opening night over a week ago). Which isn't to say I don't have my worries about it. For one, the actress playing Silk Spectre II looks way too young. Also, I fear Zack Snyder's slo-mo will get real annoying real fast. Also, if he sticks way too close to the book, pulling full pieces of dialogue, that could be risky. What reads good on the comic book page can sound really corny when spoken aloud in a movie. I just hope he gets the tone right...

So, a few worries. But no matter, I'll still be there this Friday night with the rest of the city's nerdy brethren.

No comments: