Friday, March 05, 2010

My Baloney Has a First Name...

The Oscars are this Sunday, and per usual, we're trying to come up with a menu based on the Best Picture nominees. Of course, those bastards at the Academy decided to increase the number of nominees to 10 this year, which I hate for a number of reasons, not least of which is because that makes creating an Oscar menu twice as hard. We'll basically have to set up some kind of buffet if we want to include every movie.

Also, it's hard enough coming up with something clever for five titles. But 10? I'm just not that smart.

So here's what we've tentatively got--with acknowledgment where applicable, and what we don't. If anyone has any other suggestions please, PLEASE, chime in!

Avatar - Ava-tar-tar

The Blind Side - The Blind Side-Salad

District 9 - Prawns. Of course.

An Education - NO IDEA!

The Hurt Locker - Maybe some kind of chocolate bomb dessert?

Inglorius Basterds - Strudel and milk.

Precious - A cocktail based on a gin called Sapphire. (I think Chuck came up with that one.)

A Serious Man - I like the "Serious Manwich" idea in theory, but don't think I'd like to eat one. Perhaps something kosher instead?

Up - Fuck it. We'll inflate some balloons.

Up In the Air - A bag of peanuts and a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. (My dad came up with that one.)

I'm sure someone out there can do better. Spill it!

No comments: