Monday, October 31, 2011

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 31

Happy Halloweeeeeen!

I can't believe an entire month has already gone by! It sure has been fun being a part of the Countdown to Halloween, and I thank all those who have stopped by. Be sure to knock on the doors of the other sites taking part in the Countdown, as they have plenty of treats to offer you today!

There's no lack of the scary on TV today and tonight, I hardly know where to begin. Of course, TCM continues to be the one-stop-shop for the spooky, so be sure to check out their entire line-up here; lots of monsters, vampires, ghouls, and ghosts!

My top pick would have to be "Night of the Living Dead" at 6:30 P.M. It's been a Halloween staple since the early 80's, when MTV used to show it on Halloween night every year. It's kind of become a Halloween version of "It's a Wonderful Life" in that way...



Another perennial favorite is "The House of the Devil," which I first watched on Halloween night in 2009. It's on in the wee hours of the morning (very soon, in fact!) at 4 A.M. on MTV. (I guess it's replaced "Night of the Living Dead" on that network!) The film's opening credits are what really sold me on it the first time I watched it; SO much like a 1980's horror flick, it's uncanny.



Finally, there's one of the most ridiculous horror movies ever made, "Blacula," which you can watch on TVONE (whatever that is!) at 9 A.M. (The sequel, "Scream Blacula Scream" is on much later at midnight, on the same channel.)



However you spend this Halloween, I hope it is filled with frights, fun, and lots and lots of treats.

Here's to next year!

No comments: