Saturday, October 06, 2012

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 6

The Exorcist tends to go on most people's lists of top ten scariest horror movies, but I have to admit, I never found the movie that scary. Disturbing, yes. Spooky, yes. But it never really haunted my dreams.

Maybe that's because I didn't have a religious upbringing, so it's not taping into any residual trauma such an upbringing can sometimes result in.

Or maybe I just don't fine pea soup that horrifying.

I WILL say this, though. The hospital scenes made me terrified of getting x-rays, which was not a good thing since I ended up having to get a lot at a young age. So let me reassure anyone with the same fears: X-rays are not scary.

MRIs on the other hand...hoo-boy!

(Just kidding. They aren't scary either. Just intensely annoying.)

Watch it at 5pm on IFC.


No comments: