Friday, August 20, 2004

But It's a Dry Heat!

Musty TV is going off the air!

But just for a week as I am going on vacation! A week-long road trip through the desert! In August!!

I'm insane.

I could just tell you all where I'm going, but this here blog is supposed to be about things to watch. So I thought I'd play a little game. I'll tell you where I'm going, but it'll be in code! Click on the links for clues: they all have something to do with the places I'm going, and it's up to you to figure it out. Fun, right?

RIGHT??

OK...First we'll be taking a tour of a modest cabin along the way. Afterwards we'll check into an equally modest hotel.

An early start should allow a stop in this frightening town, before we crank up the air conditioner and cruise into the sunset and the proverbial oasis in the desert.

We'll make a brief visit to this oddity before stopping for the night in the town where these two got hitched.

And then, the penultimate destination. It can not be summed up with just one film. So...Take...Your...Pick.

Before we head home for good, we'll bed down in another highway hideaway, just because the song says we should.

And then it's back to the city we love.

There you have it! Wish me luck, and hopefully when I get back I'll be able to figure out how to get some pictures up. No! It'll be cool. Slides from my vacation! You'll want to see those. Right?

RIGHT?!

No comments: