Wednesday, November 17, 2004

TV Is Better Than an Afterwork Cocktail

Man. Last night's premiere of The Amazing Race kicked some solid butt, in the form of pro-wrestler Bolo(!) Five minutes into it, and he's complaining about pain in his calve muscles. This ain't a staged showdown, brother! But at least he and his wife have "street suave." That'll do them good.

Coming home from a hellish day at work to an episode of TAR was just what I needed. And tonight, I've got Lost. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

Well. I take that back. If I could get paid to sit on my ass and watch TV all day (while knitting) well, THEN life couldn't get any better. But I will be doing just that for four days in Tahoe next week, with paid vacation, so my dream will be realized for at least a little while.

Speaking of "Lost," fans are abuzz with theories about its weirdness. I'm still on the fence about just what the hell is going on, but I kind of like the purgatory idea.

No comments: