Thursday, December 02, 2004

Just, No

The Life and Death of Peter Sellers premieres on HBO this Sunday. It stars Geoffrey Rush as Sellers, which just makes me groan with annoyance. I don't care how good an actor Rush is, he does not look like Sellers in the least, and is in fact--I'll just say it--one of the ugliest actors out there. I know that's unfair of me, but I am obviously not a fan. I don't need to see Geoffrey Rush in anything ever again.

I know, I know. An actor doesn't have to actually look like the real-life person he's playing in order to give a good performance. But I think Peter Sellers was a handsome man, and that had to play a part in why he was able to bed a babe like Britt Ekland. Rush? Not so much.

Why not give Peter Sellers look-alike Michael Panes a shot at the role? He was really good in The Anniversary Party...

And don't even get me STARTED on the whole Kevin Spacey as Bobby Darin thing. He's older now than Darin was when he died! (Actually, because I like Kevin Spacey, I don't find this nearly as egregious.)

2 comments:

Rain said...

I take it you missed his concert at Bimbo's Sunday night...

Anonymous said...

First of all...I am the biggest Peter Sellers fan of all time...or one of them (I am totally obsessed!!) and I LOVED The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. The only problem I had with it is that it makes Peter out to be a total monster...which he was in his way but there was a reason so many people loved him.
I think Geoffrey Rush did an outstanding job of playing Peter and call me crazy but I think Geoffrey Rush is totally sexy!! If you don't agree with me watch Quills!! He is totally dirty and that is seriously hot!! I want him to consume me...haha
Anyway...as far as Kevin Spacey...another totally sexy man...I LOVED the album!! I think it was great that he played Bobby Darin! Yeah he looks nothing like him and is old...but he was such a big fan ever since he was little that it gave the movie something extra! Its all just entertainment. You need to get over needing perfection. And I did hate the Life and Death of Peter Sellers the first time I saw it...but if you watch it again you just might see that it is an amazingly done film!! And the music kicks ass!!