Wednesday, December 22, 2004

There's Just Too Much to Do

Why am I forced to sit here in the office when no one else is here and nothing's really getting done? Well, thankfully, this is my last day at work until January 4th, which is just too awesome. Come tonight, the frantic catching up begins, with more last minute shopping, and knitting, and fretting.

But since I have a few minutes I thought I'd share a few photos.

Last Saturday I had a small Christmas party. (Small being the operative word. You can't get more than 6 people in my place without it turning into a scene out of a Marx Brothers movie.) Doesn't my place look nice and warm and slightly brothel-ish?

My tree is ridiculously large. Every year I tell myself I'll get a shorter one, or if I can't get a shorter tree, I'll at least get a thinner one. And every year I end up with a ginormous tribute to Christmas crowding me out of my living room. (I wish you could see what was on the TV when I took this photo, as it was--I swear!--a monkey getting a bath.)

In the end, I love having that 6+ foot tree in my window. Where else could I hang all those lights and adored ornaments?

But I'll admit, come January 1st, I usually can't wait to get that thing out of there and reclaim the little space I already have. The Christmas spirit, she is a fickle mistress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree Rain, you look so cozy and warm. I especially love all the lights giving everything that "slightly brothel-ish" glow. Thanks for sharing.
S.

FDC Movies said...

I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article ,
you are doing a great job . Keep it up :