Friday, June 10, 2005

You Forgot Ugly, Lazy, and Disrespectful

20 years. 20 YEARS?! I can't believe it has been 20 freaking years since The Breakfast Club came out. That means I was only 15 when I saw it. Twice in one week! I think it came out around Valentine's Day, because I have a memory of going with a friend to a Walgreen's by the theater before the show to buy up all the half-off candy. We saw it at the Regency III, which is now Ruby Skye. (It was a really nice little theater and I mourn its loss to this day.) You know, I may have even seen it three times in one week, because I also remember seeing it with my parents, and seeing it on opening night, but I can't remember all the details. All I know is I loved it, and from there on out the theme song, with it's line, "Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling down," would make me and my friends laugh. Especially when I'd do a HILARIOUS pratfall whenever it played. Good times.

I bring this all up, of course, because of the Breakfast Club "reunion" on the MTV Movie Awards last night. Alas, it wasn't a real reunion since Judd Nelson and Emilio Estevez weren't there, (what's that about?) but it did kind of bring tears to my eyes to see the other three watching the clips and getting teary eyed themselves.

However, I don't know how to take the news that Molly Ringwald is hoping to do a sequel to Sixteen Candles. Will it be called "Thirty-Six Candles"? And will Michael Schoeffling stop building furniture and return to the role of Jake Ryan?

No comments: