Thursday, July 14, 2005

Do the Emmy People Even WATCH TV?

The Emmy Nominations are in, and while I do watch a lot of TV, I've never gotten very excited about the Emmys. Certainly not nearly as excited as I do about the Oscars. Of course that doesn't mean I can't get annoyed by the nominations.

Like no nominations for "Gilmore Girls" or Lauren Graham. She gave a better performance last season than all of the "Desperate Housewives" combined. Nothing for Vincent D'Onofrio, who has created one of the looniest detectives to ever hit the TV screen. (Yes, even loonier than Tony Shaloub's "Monk," who did get a nomination. AGAIN.)

It's just the same crap year-after-year. Sure, I'm happy about the many "Lost" and "Arrested Development" nods, but I still get the feeling that the voters for the most part just pick what the picked a year ago, regardless of whether the show is still good or not. (Yeah. I'm looking at YOU "Will and Grace"!)

No comments: