Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Remember I Once Thought My Watchman Was Awesome

Now? Not so much. I imagine the new video iPod--on which you will be able to download TV shows (right now, just ABC and other Disney channels) the day after they air, via iTunes--will get a lot of oohs and aahs, but frankly I'm not that excited about the notion of watching "Lost" on a screen 2.5 inches wide.

The article isn't too clear about whether you will be able download a TV show via iTunes, but watch it on your computer, the same way you can listen to music you download on your iPod or your computer. THAT would be a little more appealing. I'd pay two bucks to watch an episode on my computer of something my TiVo might have missed by mistake. But having to download it to my computer, then upload to my iPod, and then sync up to my TV via a special cable? I'll wait for a re-run, thanks.

2 comments:

Rain said...

Well, that's good to know. But I still can't get excited by the notion of watching anything of length or importance on a teeny tiny screen. Seriously, is anyone else excited by that? Is it just the novelty aspect that's appealing?

Anonymous said...

gah! i'm so sick of apple and their tinier and more powerful gadget releases every other day. i guess im just not so gadgety, but the whole tiny-nano-pod-thing just makes me want to nano-nap. and earbuds are fugly.