Friday, August 10, 2007

Further Proof That I Can't Draw

In high school, I think during my sophmore year, I took a Creative Writing class, and one of the assignments was to make a comic strip. I didn't have any drawing ability (and still don't), so the assignment took me for a loop. I thought about just cutting out images from magazines and turning that into a comic, but I of course waited until the last minute to do the thing and didn't have time to search through a bunch a magazines and come up with some kind story. So, instead, I found some pictures of Prince, drew some stick figures, and made a comic out of an absurd poem a friend and I had written. Click on the image above for a larger view.

I think it's almost brilliant in its stupidity. And the teacher must have felt the same way. B+!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think its only...a most 'supoib' comic. i want to see a series from you called 'parties and punches i've thrown'. you must respect and develop this talent!

Jess Hutch said...

I love it, especially the panel with Prince gettin' down.