Saturday, October 14, 2017

Musty TV's Maniacal Halloween Countdown - Day 14

That ain't mistletoe
We're almost halfway through the month, and now is as good a time as any to watch the It's a Wonderful Life of Halloween movies.

I'm speaking, of course, of the original Night of the Living Dead, a film that is black and white, in the public domain, aired repeatedly throughout the month, and a bit of a downer. Of course, It's a Wonderful Life isn't in the public domain anymore, so isn't played repeatedly in December, but it used to be, and I feel the comparison still stands

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Never thought of that comparison before. I like it! I haven't watched this year, yet. I do find the end to be a big downer. Cause that is the Halloween-y opposite of It's a Wonderful Life's upbeat Christmas-y end.