Thursday, October 17, 2019

Musty TV's Maniacal Halloween Countdown - Day 17


Can't beat the details you find in old houses...carved wood. Breathing doors.

It's another Horror Classics Thursday on TCM, and tonight's theme is ghost stories.

I'm digging the line-up!

8:00 PM - The Uninvited (1944)
10:00 PM - The Haunting (1963)
12:00 AM - The Fog (1980)
1:45 AM - Poltergeist (1982)

The Uninvited is kind of boring, and only of real interest to me because parts were filmed in San Francisco (even though the setting is England.) The Fog is kind of silly, but you sure can't beat John Carpenter's score and widescreen cinematography throughout, that's for sure.

Then we have The Haunting  which is perhaps my favorite haunted house movie ever, and it's followed very closely on my list by Poltergeist, a movie I saw a total of six times the summer it came out (and you can read all about THAT over on my other blog, Mulling Movies).

Here's the opening of Poltergeist, which brilliantly establishes the suburban home setting while also introducing all the members of the family via a snack-sniffing dog.


No comments: