Wednesday, January 19, 2005

At Last, Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

I was going to avoid the obvious and not mention that it was an ass that lead to the downfall of team Victoria and Jonathan, but sometimes, the obvious is just too good.

Yes, I got much joy out of last night's episode of The Amazing Race, and not only because of the elimination of Jonathan and Victoria. And also, I must mention, in spite of Kendra's return to form, (and I quote: "It's a different kind of poverty. It's like these people choose to be this way. It's actually refreshing. The animals aren't even as skinny.") I was happy to see less bunching, more team backstabbing, and all those very friendly Ethiopian children. (If only they knew what jerks most of the people they were being nice to really are.) I didn't get joy from seeing Jonathan strip down to his underwear in order to jump into the mud pile, or from hearing Victoria start to shriek after cutting her finger. Jonathan's reaction to that was, as usual, to ignore her. (Somehow I think the scenario of Jonathan in his underwear/Victoria shrieking is a scene not unfamiliar to them.) I will never understand why some teams chose that mudflinging task. Why would anyone think that would be easier and faster than carting a wood roof with the help of half a dozen other people?

And yes, it was the actual lack of an jackass that caused Victoria and Jonathan to lose. Beautiful. Freddy and Kendra next, please...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to miss the "soulmates from hell". They clearly deserve each other, and I believe this marriage is a keeper. It was always fun to see how low Jonathan could go...the arrogance, the gall..the total self-absorbtion...the complete lack of consideration for anyone...Did you see him load down one of the Ethiopian kids with his back-pack ? As if it was an honor and a privilege. Oh well, at least I can console myself that we still have Freddy and Kendra.

S.

Rain said...

I especially liked his draggin the small crowd of children to the elimination mat, fists in the air as if her were leading a freedom march. Idiot.

Rain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jody said...

The end march to the mat was particularly nauseating.

I was just appalled at how condescending most of them were to the Ethiopian children. Actually I was appalled by quite a few things in this episode, most of which you have already mentioned. The end result was great though.