Friday, April 21, 2006

I Think I'll Dine on Chocolate Chip Cookies Tonight

I find one of the few thrills of being an adult is being able to do things that as a child you would have killed to do. Like eating chocolate chip cookies for dinner.

Of course the thrill is lessened somewhat by the fact that I don't have someone who will just magically make them appear in front of me. Instead, I have to buy them, or make them, and I can't do either of those things until I get my ass home and retrieve my ATM card, which I left in a different pair of pants, which means I'll have to trudge up the hill to get home tonight, and then get the ATM card and then go back outside and to the store in search of chocolate chip cookie dough, and by that time it will be 8 p.m. and the novelty will have probably worn off completely by then.

See? Being an adult sucks.

No comments: