Friday, June 23, 2006

America's Got a Lot of Time on Its Hands

The apparent success of "America's Got Talent," AKA "The Gong Show," and the continuing popularity of "So You Think You Can Dance," not to mention the phenomenon that is "Dancing with the Stars," well, it all makes me kind of sad.

I'm not going to deride anyone for liking these shows, and lord knows in the summertime, TV choices can seem rather slim. Also, I watch and love a lot of crap myself. It's just that I don't like these talent shows, but their continued success means that there will be more of them. More TV shows that I don't want to watch means less TV shows that I will want to watch. And that makes me sad.

Then again, perhaps I should look at it as a blessing in disguise. It's not like I NEED more TV in my life.

No comments: