Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dirty Thirty

I need to start managing my time better so I can actually start writing a weekly column for SFist again. I did those "How to Get the Guy" recaps for three weeks, and the good thing about those was, while they took a hell of a long time to write, they didn't require a lot of planning. I didn't have to really think about what to write; I just wrote what popped into my head as I watched the show.

Of course, it's not like previous SFist posts have required a lot of intellectual thought, but they do require a little bit of planning. So hopefully by next week I'll have something up about what's worth watcing on the TV. (Also, SFist was voted the Bay Guardian's Readers Choice for Best Local Blog in their "Best of the Bay" issue today. Woo!)

Anyhoo, I know what I'll be watching tonight. "30 Days," Morgan Spurlock's reality series on F/X, returns at 10pm with an episode that pairs a "Minuteman" border patrol dude with an illegal immigrant for 30 days. I really liked the series last year. It was refreshingly different from the usual reality TV fare. Alas, I'm not sure what other episodes will bring us this season, aside from the episode where Spurlock goes to jail for "30" days. Apparently, he left before the full 30 days was over. Cheater!

No comments: