Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Kidnapped" Kidnapped!

Looks like NBC is giving up completely on "Kidnapped" as they have now pulled it from it's Saturday night graveyard. It will be replaced by "Law & Order" reruns (just what we need more of!).

I don't get it. They cut the show to 13 episodes, which are presumably already shot, and now they won't give the (admittedly few) viewers who stuck around the chance to see them? No one watches TV on Saturday nights (or so they tell us) so what have they got to lose by airing the rest of the show? I don't think viewers are now going to flock to the channel on Saturday nights because "L&O" is on.

I wasn't even that big a fan of the show, but it annoys me to no end when they air just enough episodes of a show to get you hooked, and then yank it away from you. Cancel after two or three, that's fine, but "Kidnapped" was what? Almost half-way done? Now I may never know who the hell kidnapped that kid and if he'll be able to cover-up the hole he dug through his mattress to retrieve that cell phone (that I actually have no idea how he got). Oh well. Maybe they'll put the missing eps online. Or DVD.

No comments: