Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sho Nuff

I'm back!

And I'm pooped. The trip was great. And sad. Sad and great. Great because I loved seeing New Orleans again; I really love that town. Also great was finally meeting my three Louisiana cousins, and seeing my grandmother, uncle, and aunt again.

And it was sad because New Orleans really is just a shell of a city right now. Sure, the French Quarter and the Garden District are still pretty much the same, but drive out of it and you'll see house after house abandoned, stores shut down, and neighborhoods devastated. It's truly heartbreaking.

I have stories to tell, and many, many photos to show (and will most likely relegate the stories to their accompanying photos on Flickr. I'll tell ya when!) but for now I have a LOT of work, email, blogs, cat petting and, most importantly, television to catch up on. It's good to be home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, youre back! i cannot wait to hear all about it, even though it might make me sad. i need to rtrn your lost season 2 dvd's and hear the tales...mayhaps we can combine the two?

Jess Hutch said...

Welcome back! Show us yer pics!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Rain.....can't wait to see pics and accompanying stories.
Sophia