Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Most Horrible Thing to Happen to Anyone, Ever

My iBook is broken.

OK. Perhaps I'm exaggerating with that title up there, but it certainly FEELS that way right now. I'm hoping it can be fixed without any loss of data because I'm an idiot and haven't backed anything up in about three months. I wish there was something out there that would just automatically back everything up at the end of the day, with no effort on my part. (IS there something like that out there?)

Anyway, it's unlikely to be dealt with until this weekend (so there probably won't be a "Musty TV" newsletter going out this week). I don't dare venture down near the Apple store until all the Macworld stuff dies down.

Luckily, I have my work-issued PowerBook to help prevent complete Internet withdrawal...ironically, it had to be repaired today, too.

I've got a post up on SFist that requests reader-participation. Go there now and start participating!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Rain -- there are backup programs that do their thing stealthily in the night, like a ninja. I'm using one called Déjà Vu which came with a hard drive I bought and works wonderfully. There are a bunch of others out there -- drop me an e-mail if you want more info.

Anonymous said...

thats just sheer suckery. so is this: today i ordered a new monitor from apple and failed to notice that the amount box was checked with 2 instead of one. i found out the hard way that one cannot edit ones apple order even 10 minutes post submittal [let this warn ye]. so...theyre sending me some formamajig that i have to fill out and slap on the side of the oops!duh! monitor and send the whole thing back to them, meaning i dont get my refund for about 2 weeks and i have to WORK for it. CURSES ON APPLE. MY LIFE IS SO HARD!