Monday, July 02, 2007

July 24th Can't Come Fast Enough

My obsession with "Guitar Hero" continues, despite my having played every song on both "Guitar Hero 1" and "Guitar Hero 2" on medium level about 10 times each. (OK. Maybe not every song. Once I finally got through "Bark at the Moon," I never wanted to attempt it again.) My inability to master the art of hammer-ons and pull-offs means I will probably never get past medium level, which is fine because "Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s" is coming out on July 24th! There's a list of the announced songs here, and while many of them are awesome, the one I am most looking forward to tackling is the Scorpions' "No One Like You."

Thinking about the song had me thinking about the video, which I present to you in all its awesomeness.



Really, does an 80s video get any more spectacular than that? Well, perhaps, but there are so many awesome things about this one, it's hard to list them all. Like the fact that it takes place on Alcatraz, and there's a midget guard on duty; and the guy with the forks over his eyes who smashes the guitar; and the stock footage of the shark; and singer Klaus Meine's receding hairline; and the whole thing about the girlfriend who's the executioner, but she's not really because she frees him at the end, but oh, wait, it was all just a dream...

OR WAS IT!?

I know the game won't match the video's genius, but with my help, it'll come close.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

her 80s klassy lady outfit is a beautiful thing. in the song do they say: 'i can wait for the lines with you?' 'i can wait for the lights with you?' i never have gotten that lyric down...

Anonymous said...

Omg. Blackout came out before Rock you like a Hurricane, and was their last good record. Don't even get me started.

Here is an even older scorpions song which is even more awesome.

And here is a game that you'll like even more, from the creators of Guitar Hero: Rock Band. Now you can sing and play drums!

Oh man. They took that video down because it was so awesome I guess. Sorry.

Rain said...

I was totally excited about "Rock Band" when I first heard about it, but then I learned it's only coming out for Playstation 3 (right?). Fuck that shit!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's also not coming out on the Atari 2600. Or the Abacus. Or on the Pile of Rocks. What's wrong with these people?

Anonymous said...

Okay, this video should work.
Rock Band!

Check out the voice track at the top of the screen, like in Karaoke Revolution. Don't tell me you don't want to sing!

I heard a rumor that it's going to be xbox 360 exclusive.