Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 1

And thus it begins!

The Amityville Horror is a pretty crappy movie, based on a slightly less crappy book, which in turn was loosely based on a supposedly true story about a haunted house. The people who investigated that haunting were also the inspiration for this year's The Conjuring, which I'm pissed I never got around to seeing while it was out in theaters. But, it will be on DVD October 22nd, just in time for Halloween!

I have distinct memories of reading The Amityville Horror when I was about 11 years old, and I read it as I walked home after school. (Yep. Readin' and walkin'!) Memories of seeing the movie for the first time are less clear, but it was probably on cable, and I probably watched it about five times, because there was nothing else on.

You can watch it today at 9:45PM on Retroplex.



No comments: