Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 9

The new season of "American Horror" story premieres tonight at 10PM on FX. This one, called "American Horror Story: Coven," is set in modern day New Orleans, and is centered on witches descended from the days of the Salem witch trials.

Jessica Lange stars once again, and really, she's the only reason I keep watching this show. There's only so much rape and torture of women I can watch on a weekly basis before it starts to wear me down and make me sad and angry. Hopefully the female centric cast (which includes Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, and, again, Sarah Paulson) this season means they'll move away from that a bit. I've got my fingers crossed.



2 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

Yeah, I found myself unable to watch most of the Asylum season. It was just too bleak! I stopped at about Episode 4 or 5. I did manage to see the last episode of that season last month and was, umm, VERY surprised at how it all got tied up.

Am trying not to have too many high expectations for this season but I do like the cast. And it should at least be more substantial than The Witches of East End, right?

Rain said...

The cast, well, and the New Orleans setting, is what will keep me watching. But it was disheartening to see they couldn't even wait one episode before having one of the witches raped.