Friday, October 07, 2016

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 7


What did you just call me?

Tonight at 5PM, TCM is airing the 1922 version of Nosferatu. I've seen this movie many times, but nothing can top the time I saw it at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco, with a live score provided by the Clubfoot Orchestra.

I know there's a recorded version of this out there somewhere, but it has yet to be released on DVD or broadcast in this century. Alas, all I can offer is this clip, which at least encapsulates the general tone of the movie's score.




While I would personally pair this up with Werner Herzog's 1979 version, TCM is going the silent route instead, airing a full night of silent horrors. Here's the complete schedule. All times are PST. 

8:15PM Unholy Three (1925)
10:00PM The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
1:45AM The Penalty (1920)

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Quite a night on TCM!