Saturday, October 29, 2016

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 29



I'm looking forward to tonight's Svengoolie because he'll be showing Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, and I haven't see that movie in years.

I have seen it many times, but mainly when I was a kid, and Abbott and Costello movies were aired every weekend on a local channel. Watching all those movies is what lead to me having my weirdest celebrity crush. On Lou Costello.

Bela Lugosi only played Dracula twice on screen, in the original film, and in this, which is a pretty weird thing to realize, when he is so strongly identified with the character. Boris Karloff does NOT play Frankenstein's monster, but did join the duo the following year in Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff.

Svengoolie airs at 10PM on MeTV. Until then enjoy some bloopers from the filming.



No comments: