Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 11


Help meeee! Help meeee!.....SERIOUSLY GUYS I NEED HELP!

I would say the David Cronenberg 1986 remake of the 1958 horror movie The Fly is probably one of the few instances when a remake has been better than the original. And that's because the original really is kind of silly. Which just adds credence to my belief that if you're going to remake movies, you should remake bad movies, and try to make them better.

Also, if you're like me and hate it when trailers give everything away, here's the exact opposite of that.



The 1958 original is what's available to view tonight at 11:25PM on Retroplex, but I'm not sure about that channel's adherence to original aspect ratios, (the film was shot in CinemaScope), so an alternative viewing method is Netflix streaming or you can rent it via Amazon.

No comments: