Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Honest to Christ

David Letterman's confrontation with Bill O'Reilly really rocked last night. Everyone's talking about their discussion of Iraq and Cindy Sheehan, but I thought the earlier bit about O'Reilly's ridiculous obsession with the so-called "War on Christmas" was much better. Letterman summed up my feelings about all that baloney perfectly with his complete boredom with the whole topic, and his opinion that O'Reilly is taking incidents that have occurred here and there, and is turning them into a National Crisis.

Here's a link to the entire interview.

Edited to add: Looks like that link isn't working right now. Maybe it's getting too much traffic. All the other clips I've found are only of the last part of the interview, but I'm sure it'll pop up on YouTube at some point today.

1 comment:

Jeff H. said...

I just read a transcript...the respect I lost for Letterman years ago just returned. Great stuff.