Friday, October 08, 2010

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 8

As I've grown older, I've found I'm more and more disturbed by some of the slasher movies of my youth. Not that I was watching things like "Don't Answer the Phone" when I was kid (although, some came close). It just seems a little harder to separate the blatant misogyny from the thrills in some of them. I don't know if that's the case with this one, since I've never actually seen it, but the trailer sure is sleazy....



Aside from that, I like that it is another in a line of "Don't" horror movies that seemed to come out after the release of Nicholas Roeg's "Don't Look Now." Others include "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," (soon to be remade by Guillermo Del Toro); "Don't Look in the Basement;" "Don't Open the Door;" "Don't Go in the House;" "Don't Go in the Woods;" and "Don't Go to Sleep." And of course, all were spoofed in the "Don't" "Grindhouse" trailer. Someone has GOT to have a "Don't" film festival sometime!....Or, don't.

Watch this one tonight at 12:45am on IFC.

No comments: