Sunday, October 10, 2010

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 10

OMG! It's 10-10-10!!! That's a full-on double rainbow! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Such a day deserves an AWESOME movie, right? Alas, all I can give you is "The Lost Boys" at 1 P.M. on VH1.



I saw "The Lost Boys" at a sneak preview screening at the Coronet Theater in San Francisco in 1987. They gave out posters and I hung one over my bed for a few years, Jason Patric looking down on me as I slept, until I came to realize the movie was actually really, really silly, and down it came. But I can thank (or blame) the flick for a brief period of total infatuation with Jim Morrison and the Doors, and, looking back, I suppose the movie isn't that bad...

OK. I just remembered the ending. Yeah, it's pretty bad.

2 comments:

Jeff H. said...

While I didn't see this movie until 2006 or 2007 (!), I did have a couple friends with the bus shelter-sized poster over their beds. Girls who listed to Adam Ant.

I was more into Near Dark at the time (but that's a whole 'nother can of plasma).

Jeff H. said...

Listened to Adam Ant.

I hate typos.