Friday, April 01, 2005

But It's All About the Funny! How Could You Not Like It?

A little more about April Fool's Day humor...aside from the whole "I want to make you look like a fool" aspect of the day, which is too often the humor equivalent of putting gum in someone's hair, it is rare, very rare that any of these pranks are actually funny. There are plenty of sites out there that are partaking in the April 1st thing today, and dammed if ANY of them have made me laugh. Even the chicks at Go Fug Yourself didn't come up with something very original, and theirs is probably the best I've seen so far.

Just because it's a day devoted to "humor" doesn't mean whatever you do is going to automatically be funny. In fact, it will most likely just be painfully lame.

If someone can prove me wrong, and direct me to a site that's done something hilarious for the day, please, let me know!

No comments: