Thursday, August 24, 2006

Auf-ul

Ooooooooo, but last night's "Project Runway" made me mad!! First off, Jeffrey is an ASS. The minute you make someone's mom cry, you lose all points with me. Second, all the whining that came from the designers when they were faced with the challenge of designing for "everyday women" was pathetic. (And it was cruel how the "thinner" women were all picked first!) The resulting designs were predictably fugly.

You want to know how to design for "bigger" women? You take a design you would normally do AND YOU MAKE IT BIGGER! I can't tell you how many times I've gone clothes shopping and found many, many items that would look great on me, if they came in my size!! I'm not skinny, but that doesn't mean I don't have a waistline or legs. I don't want to wear a long, shapeless, flowing sack. How on earth is that "flattering"? It isn't flattering, it's camouflage, and in actuality, it isn't even that. You aren't fooling anyone if you're wearing a shapeless mumu, we all know you're big. So why not wear something...normal?

Ah, but there's the rub. Normal clothes aren't offered, and hence the larger woman must fall back into the flattering-on-no-one mumu.

OK, flattering on ALMOST no one.

No comments: