Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ru-Ro

My TiVo is acting up. Some of its recordings are impossible to watch, with the image and audio freezing in fits and starts. Last night it was happening while I was watching the season finale of "Rescue Me," and I got so frustrated that I pounded on the TiVo box, and shook it a little. And whaddya know, it helped. I'm sure I didn't fix it, and it will probably start happening again, so I need to start looking into getting a new box. The question is, do I get a dual tuner box? Or one that records DVDs? Unfortunately, no matter what kind of box I get, it will have to be a Series 2 machine, and I don't like that. Yes, Series 2 offers a lot improved features, but it can also allow stations to limit how long you get to keep a recording before you watch it.

In other, more important news, it seems my kitty might be sick. She's got a little pee problem, meaning she's peeing a LOT, and sometimes she doesn't seem to make it off of my bed in time to get to the litter box (ugh!). I am hoping it is nothing serious, and just the result of her being 16 years old. But I also have to face the fact that she is 16 YEARS OLD, and odds are, she won't continue to live her later years as illness-free as she has been. (She's been an amazingly healthy cat.)

So, I won't say more about that until after her vet appointment today, but keep those fingers crossed for her, won't you?

No comments: