Sunday, September 24, 2006

Isn't It Great When Something Great Gets Even Greater Than Great?

Apart from a rocky start wherein the people at Best Buy gave me the wrong TiVo, and I didn't notice until I had gotten it home and thus had to go back and get the right damn box, the new TiVo has been AWESOME. Setting it up was super easy, and being able to hook it up to my home network meant downloading all the programming info took about an hour instead of the three-plus it took with the old one. And being able to program two recordings at once is just...the bestest thing ever. Plus, now I've got the old TiVo in the bedroom, so on the rare occasion when I want to record three things at once, I CAN! Also pretty great is the "clipping" feature offered in Series 2 boxes. No more missing entire shows because the show before it ran long.

What I thought would be the tedious thing--reprogramming all those Season Passes on the new box, was actually kind of fun. It required writing down all of my old Passes and re-entering them by hand, but I've come to realize I like that kind of tedious work.

So far the only complaint I have is the fact that TiVo doesn't offer TiVo-To-Go features for Macs. What's up with that crap? And is there any kind of hack out there to get around that fact?

No comments: