Friday, September 22, 2006

I've Really Gone and Done It Now!

I think last night is what sealed the deal. I had to watch and take notes about "Survivor" (for my "local reality" post) at 8pm, while at the same time taping "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" (with a VCR--like an ANIMAL!) in the other room. And next week "Ugly Betty" joins the Thursday at 8pm line-up! At 9pm, I watched "CSI" because I knew "Grey's Anatomy" would be repeated tonight at 8pm. But then I forgot to set the VCR for "ER" because I was watching "Six Degrees" and ended up missing the first 15 minutes of the show. (About "Six Degrees": it's gotten a lot of bad press, but I actually liked it. It was slow, yes, and not about a huge mystery or disaster that connects the show's six people, but instead about how, indeed, very chance meetings can end up changing your life dramatically. I'm hooked in. Which means it'll be cancelled in about three weeks.)

Anyway, it was all just too much to remember, and the last thing I need is for my TV viewing to become complicated.

So I ordered a new 80 hour, dual tuner TiVo! I should be getting it tomorrow. That means I can move the old TiVo into the bedroom, and I'll ultimately be able to record THREE SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME!

I am never going to leave my house again!

I imagine this weekend is going to be filled with much cord wrangling and banging of my head against the wall as I try to configure everything, but hopefully it will all be worth it.

As God is my witness, I WILL NEVER MISS A SHOW AGAIN!

1 comment:

Rain said...

It was actually a lot easier when I didn't have digital cable because I could watch something live while TiVo-ing something else. That dissapeared when I got the cable box, so it's been a challenge of late. But no more!

Speaking of which, are you going to get one of their HD boxes?