Friday, September 29, 2006

Macaque Monkeys Are, Needless to Say, Partially Involved

I love me some "Lost" and can barely contain my excitement over the season premiere this Wednesday (although it is tempered somewhat by the fact that we will only be getting six episodes before the show goes on hiatus until February. February! This is the network's answer to complaints about too many repeats being run during last year's season).

Anyway, as much as I love "Lost" I just couldn't be bothered to partake in the online "Lost Experience" game. I'm just too lazy. I figure if the show's creators think something about the show is important enough for viewers to know, then they will put that in the actual show and not in some online "game" that is really just a thinly disguised bit of product placement.

That said, I couldn't help but watch a video which was compiled from 70 short bits of video that were found on the various sites involved in the game. In it, the meaning of the numbers is revealed, kind of, and the purpose of the Dharma Initiative is explained. Sorta. Maybe I went and spoiled myself watching it, and I have to admit, it was a little disappointing. I think I'm going to pretend I never saw it and go back to just experiencing the TV show as a TV show, and not as part of something I fear will one day be described as the "'Lost' lifestyle."

But in case you feel differently, here's the video.

No comments: