Tuesday, September 12, 2006

She Used to Have a Carefree Mind of Her Own, And a Devilish Look In Her Eye

So I'm nearing the final disc of "Veronica Mars" season two, and I have to say, I don't think I like it. I got a kick out of the first season, and enjoyed it a lot, (although I didn't fall as madly in love with it as so many others did). But the second season just never really hooked me.

(Some spoilers ahead.)

I think having one central mystery, much of which centered around Veronica herself, was the main strength of the first season. But the second season has way too much going on: the bus crash; the lovechild; Logan's guilt or innocence; the guilt or innocence of the New Girl's dad; the Irish mafia; Cordelia half-naked whenever she's on screen; and countless other mini-mysteries than seem to kind of disappear for episodes at a time. It's just too much, and I found myself being unable to keep up with it all--and I was watching episodes back-to-back! I can't imagine what it would have been like watching it weekly, with re-runs thrown in to boot.

It's a disappointment, and makes me less excited for the third season. Maybe it will all come together wonderfully in the final episodes, but at this point, even if it did, I would still have to call the second season a huge let-down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another brilliant Title for a post. Good work tiger.