Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What the What Is What the Fuck



I take it back. I don't want Storm Large to win "Rock Star: Supernova." Not because I don't think she's awesome--I maintain that she is--but because I think she deserves better than having to tour with that crappy band. I want her to take the fame she's garnered from this show and finally make it big on her own. And then I want her to come back and play some shows in San Francisco.

Really, she would just overpower that band, and no one would pay attention to the losers playing the instruments, and you know that's not what those guys want. They want someone kinda boring, lest they have to begin touring as "Storm and Supernova."

I also have a feeling she won't win because she's so pretty. I mean, she really is stunningly beautiful; she looks more like a Playboy model than a rock singer, (particularly this one), and I think some will hold that against her. Me, I think that's part of what makes her so amazing. I think if she had wanted to rely on her looks to propel her career, she easily could have, but she's been playing around for over ten years, and how many people had even heard of her before "Rock Star"?

Anyway, regarding last night's show, I didn't think her version of "Suffragette City" was that great, but I did like her original number, which was pure Storm. Of course, the actual song is not called "What the What is Ladylike," but "What the Fuck is Ladylike." Below is a crappy concert video shot a few years ago of her performing the original lyrics to the song; above is the "Rock Star" performance of the same song.

No comments: